Terms & Conditions
By booking on any of our courses you agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
Ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are provided for all classes.
We reserve the right to make amendments to course content and recipes without notice.
Application requirements: You must be 18 years or over to attend any course. Kids classes must be attended by an adult and the child must be 6 years or over.
Your Cookery Level
If you are unsure to your skill requirements, please phone us and we can help before you make your booking. We rely on students being able to self assess their own skill level.
Health & Safety
All students should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing. We are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing. All course participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the class..
Special dietary requirements, food allergies & illness
We are able to tailor our course content for special dietary requirements. However, we will be happy to discuss course content beforehand to allow you to make your own alternative eating arrangements if necessary.
Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
We do not take provisional bookings and cannot confirm your place on a course until we receive full payment.
Courses requiring a deposit
A non-refundable deposit must be paid at time of booking to secure a place for private Classes this must be paid within 48 hours of the enquiry or we will class it as a provisional booking, our basis of booking a private party is first come first serve.
The full balance of course must be received two day before the course start date.
If the Cookery School considers that you have behaved in an unacceptable manner, we will be entitled to exclude you from any course you are currently enrolled on or booked in the future.
Cookery Courses & Gift Vouchers
Upon completion of an order with us you will receive confirmation of your order by email to your nominated email address, or if requested a copy by post.
If you have requested a postal gift voucher we aim to send these out by Royal Mail first class post on the next business day, or if you have specified, Special Next Day Delivery. Please note that Royal Mail delivery services are outside of our control, and we can take no responsibility for delays in their service such as strikes, extreme weather etc.
If you order any items from our cookery shop, we will aim to send these out by Recorded Delivery within 2 business days. You will be required to sign for the items delivered.
- The School will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond the reasonable control of the School.
- The acknowledgement or processing of an order or quote does not constitute legal acceptance of your order or quote.
- An order or quote is deemed accepted only upon receipt of full payment for the total value of the order.
- The order confirmation contains all of the contractual terms agreed between you, the invoice addressee and the School.
- No failure or delay by the School in enforcing any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right.
- The Contract shall be governed by English law.
Copyright & Acceptable Usage
Full copyright of course content by forestside Cookery School is retained by the Cookery School. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
A great amount of work has gone into the development of our courses content and it has commercial value. The sharing of course materials by print, press, photocopy, email, blogs, internet or any digital transfer medium is strictly prohibited.
We have the right to cancel any classes at anytime and reschedule your booking.
Our cancellation policy is designed to give students the freedom to change a course booking without penalty when enough notice is given (7 days prior to the class scheduled), but we have some conditions around short notice cancellations which have an impact on other customers and our business. We will always try and help, but please familiarise yourself with our terms of cancellation below.
Terms of Cancellations
To request a cancellation you must give the School written of your request. Unless you have received a written acknowledgement from us that we have received your request you cannot consider your request delivered.
If a person that is booked on a course fails to attend for any reason, they would not be entitled to a refund or a rebooking of another course as this is classed as a no show.
You cannot cancel a class without 7 days notice and no refunds will giving only rescheduling a class for ruther notice.
If you have any of the symptoms announced by the UK government please stay at home and we will reschedule your class to another date.
- No refund or class rescheduling will be made if you fail to attend all or any part of the course (and the School is unable to reallocate your place).
Refunds are not available on our gift voucher purchases, nor can Gift Vouchers be exchanged for cash or other goods. Gift vouchers are transferable, so if you are unable to make your course, you may contact us for a replacement class.
Gift vouchers cannot be used against deposits or private parties.
Cookery School Shop
Standard UK delivery is FREE on all orders over £50 from the Cook Shop.
We charge £4.95 for standard UK delivery (Royal Mail 1st Class) on orders under £50.
We will aim to send these out by Recorded Delivery within 2 business days. You will be required to sign for the items delivered.
Next Day Delivery:
We offer next working day delivery with Royal Mail on a large number of our products for £6.50.
You can collect your order 6 days a week for free from Forestside cookery school location. Simply notify us when ordering to arrange this option.
We deliver to most postal areas in Northern Ireland & UK, but we're sorry that geographical location and carrier availability can restrict our service.
- We will ensure that every aspect of our activity is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practice (with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice) to pursue sustainability and the prevention of pollution.
- We will minimize waste, recycle materials whenever possible, ensure all waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
- We aim to identify negative impact on environmental aspects and prioritise action to reduce them.
- We will set environmental targets and goals designed to improve our environmental performance and regularly review progress.
- All employees are made aware of this policy and their responsibilities for environmental issues.
The Forestside Cookery School operates an energy conservation policy to ensure that all non-critical equipment is switched off when not needed. We will always seek to purchase products that are environmentally friendly, re-usable, recyclable, biodegradable and that do not damage the environment.
Whenever possible, Forestside Cookery School:
- Re-uses incoming packaging materials.
- Purchases local, sustainable produce based on low food miles to reduce carbon emissions.
- Supports local economy.
- Assists customers to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- Encourages all suppliers to raise similar environmental standards