Terms & Conditions
By booking on any of our courses or accommodation you agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
Ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are provided for all classes.
We reserve the right to make amendments to course content and recipes without notice.
Application requirements: You must be 18 years or over to attend any course. Kids classes must be attended by an adult and the child must be 6 years or over.
Your Cookery Level
If you are unsure to your skill requirements, please phone us and we can help before you make your booking. We rely on students being able to self assess their own skill level.
Health & Safety
All students should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing. We are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing. All course participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the class..
Special dietary requirements, food allergies & illness
We are able to tailor our course content for special dietary requirements. However, we will be happy to discuss course content beforehand to allow you to make your own alternative eating arrangements if necessary.
Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties etc.
We do not take provisional bookings and cannot confirm your place on a course until we receive full payment.
Courses requiring a deposit
a non-refundable deposit must be paid at time of booking to secure a place for private classes. The full balance of course must be received two weeks before the course start date.
If the Cookery School considers that you have behaved in an unacceptable manner, we will be entitled to exclude you from any course you are currently enrolled on or booked in the future.
Cookery Courses & Gift Vouchers
Upon completion of an order with us you will receive confirmation of your order by email to your nominated email address, or if requested a copy by post.
If you have requested a postal gift voucher we aim to send these out by Royal Mail first class post on the next business day, or if you have specified, Special Next Day Delivery. Please note that Royal Mail delivery services are outside of our control, and we can take no responsibility for delays in their service such as strikes, extreme weather etc.
If you order any items from our cookery shop, we will aim to send these out by Recorded Delivery within 2 business days. You will be required to sign for the items delivered.
- The School will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
- The School will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond the reasonable control of the School.
- The acknowledgement or processing of an order or quote does not constitute legal acceptance of your order or quote.
- An order or quote is deemed accepted only upon receipt of full payment for the total value of the order.
- The order confirmation contains all of the contractual terms agreed between you, the invoice addressee and the School.
- No failure or delay by the School in enforcing any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of such right.
- The Contract shall be governed by English law.
Copyright & Acceptable Usage
Full copyright of course content by forestside Cookery School is retained by the Cookery School. Course notes and reference materials are provided.
A great amount of work has gone into the development of our courses content and it has commercial value. The sharing of course materials by print, press, photocopy, email, blogs, internet or any digital transfer medium is strictly prohibited.
We have the right to cancel any clases within 48 hours of notice.
Our cancellation policy is designed to give students the freedom to change a course booking without penalty when enough notice is given, but we have some conditions around short notice cancellations which have an impact on other customers and our business. We will always try and help, but please familiarise yourself with our terms of cancellation below.
Terms of Cancellations
To request a cancellation you must give the School written of your request. Unless you have received a written acknowledgement from us that we have received your request you cannot consider your request delivered.
If a person that is booked on a course fails to attend for any reason, they would not be entitled to a refund or a rebooking of another course.
- No refund will be made if you fail to attend all or any part of the course (and the School is unable to reallocate your place).
Refunds are not available on our gift voucher purchases, nor can Gift Vouchers be exchanged for cash or other goods. Gift vouchers are transferable, so if you are unable to make your course, you may contact us for a replacement class.
Gift vouchers cannot be used against deposits or private parties.
Cookery School Shop
Standard UK delivery is FREE on all orders over £50 from the Cook Shop.
We charge £4.95 for standard UK delivery (Royal Mail 1st Class) on orders under £50.
We will aim to send these out by Recorded Delivery within 2 business days. You will be required to sign for the items delivered.
Next Day Delivery:
We offer next working day delivery with Royal Mail on a large number of our products for £6.50.
You can collect your order 6 days a week for free from Forestside cookery school location. Simply notify us when ordering to arrange this option.
We deliver to most postal areas in Northern Ireland & UK, but we're sorry that geographical location and carrier availability can restrict our service.
Refunds & Returns
We do hope that you will be pleased with your Cookery Shop purchases and appreciate that you may want to check the items to ensure that they meet your full approval. In doing so however we would like to point out that you have a 'duty of care' to look after the items.
Please take care not to damage the goods (or packaging where it forms part of the goods), whilst you inspect them. We are happy to refund or exchange items provided they are returned within 30 days of receipt, and would ask that you also kindly return the original packaging.
Refunds will be made via the original payment method used.
If however the items are returned in a poor or damaged condition, we will seek compensation to either repair the goods or cover any loss.
Due to their perishable nature Food and Alcohol which carries a 'use by date', may not be returned.
Returns can be made through the following options:
How long will it take to receive a refund from returned products?
We will refund the price of the item to the purchaser or exchange it as soon as it is received by us. This will usually reach the account within 7 working days. Timing will however depend on the speed with which your credit/debit card company process the credit. A refund of the delivery charges will be given in the instance of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods.
When a product is faulty or damaged we will refund your original delivery charge. Where unwanted goods are being returned, the original delivery charge will not be refunded.
For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens' Advice Bureau.
- We will ensure that every aspect of our activity is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practice (with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice) to pursue sustainability and the prevention of pollution.
- We will minimize waste, recycle materials whenever possible, ensure all waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
- We aim to identify negative impact on environmental aspects and prioritise action to reduce them.
- We will set environmental targets and goals designed to improve our environmental performance and regularly review progress.
- All employees are made aware of this policy and their responsibilities for environmental issues.
The Forestside Cookery School operates an energy conservation policy to ensure that all non-critical equipment is switched off when not needed. We will always seek to purchase products that are environmentally friendly, re-usable, recyclable, biodegradable and that do not damage the environment.
Whenever possible, Forestside Cookery School:
- Re-uses incoming packaging materials.
- Purchases local, sustainable produce based on low food miles to reduce carbon emissions.
- Supports local economy.
- Assists customers to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- Encourages all suppliers to raise similar environmental standards